My wife and I are white. We adopted our wonderful African American children at birth. We strive daily to help our son grow up to be a confident, proud and loving black man and our daughter to be a confident, proud and loving black woman. I hope our experiences will help others who are doing the same.

Friday, February 25, 2011

I need to remind myself to celebrate my children's German American Heritage too

Something that I need to remind myself - not to focus on only the African American cultural aspects of our children.  Both of our children have German American heritage  on their birthmother's side as do we so -



Last year I brought rib tips to the my son's school cultural taste night.  This year I'm choosing between bavarian saukraut and pork loin or Gaisburger Marsch.  Do you have a preference?

No comments:

Post a Comment